Our Local Heritage
This area is rural, agricultural, historical and has a vibrant small community. You can read about it in Our Story. As a guest at The Rings you can help us to respect and conserve our local heritage by…
Respecting our community
- Take litter home
- Remember that those who live here enjoy the quiet of rural living – noise travels in the countryside
- When out and about, use the Scottish Outdoor Access Code
Being a responsible pet owner
- bag and bin dog mess
- keep dogs under control – don’t allow them near wildlife or livestock
Being a considerate Road user
- our roads are narrow, don’t travel too fast
- make a note of where the passing places are
- pull in, slow down or make space for other road users such as bikes, horses and pedestrians
- at certain times of the year there are large slow moving vehicles or even livestock on the roads. Please be patient. These road users are only doing their day-job!
- give a little wave and smile when you cross paths with someone – everyone around here does!
Our local area has a rich treasure of locally produced food and other products. We encourage you to shop local where possible. Here are some of our personal favourites:
local produce also available from Ceresly Good
visit Our local area
You will find all kinds of wonderful things to see and do in our local area. You don’t have to travel far. We have lots of information on our Planning Your Stay pages but if you need any recommendations or advice please ask us.
Responsible visitor charter
We love Scotland and Fife in particular. We really hope that you will too. In order to keep this part of our world just as wonderful as it is, we are working on our sustainability and are asking our guests to help by being a Responsible Visitor.
Here’s how you can help:
- Please switch off lights when not needed
- Please close windows if the heating is on.
- Use thermostats or controls on radiators to control temperature of each room.
- Boil only what you need to use in the kettle.
Rubbish and Waste
- Please recycle waste using the bins provided.
- The label on the lid of the bin shows what you can recycle. Or you can find information here: https://www.fife.gov.uk/kb/docs/articles/bins-and-recycling/household-recycling
- Any waste which doesn’t fit can be recycled at these local points: Craigrothie Village Hall, Ceres Bog Well Park or Tesco Supermarket Car Park
- Please be aware of our septic tank and read the sign about bathroom waste.
- Our water supply comes from the mains supply
- It is clean and safe to drink.
- Please help conserve water by using it wisely
Because of our rural location a car is usually needed to reach us, but sometimes public transport makes more sense for all or part of the journey.
- Local busses go from Craigrothie (service X61 and service 41) or Pitlessie (service X54, service X59 and service X24) https://www.stagecoachbus.com/timetables
- Please also find information on the Flexi-Bus on our Planning Your Stay pages
- Longer distance busses go from Cupar or from Leven, Glenrothes or St Andrews bus stations
- Trains go from Cupar, Ladybank or Leuchars station.
- There are Fife Council Park and Ride schemes available from Halbeath and Ferrytoll https://www.fife.gov.uk/kb/docs/articles/roads,-travel-and-parking/park-and-ride-sites
- There are City Park and ride schemes if you want to visit: Perth, Edinburgh,Stirling Glasgow and Aberdeen.
- If you are camping with us please only light fires in the fire pits provided
- Please don’t leave rubbish lying around – recycle or bag and bin it
Visit Scotland Responsible Visitor
To find out more about being a responsible visitor please visit: